Genealogy Wise

The Genealogy & Family History Social Network

Is anyone else having a problem with the mapping feature? When I click on the mapping icon, I get the blue and white map of the world that I have to drag down because I only get a 1" strip that shows. (5,000 miles view). Then, after I have dragged down the map to the screen, and try to zoom in, it cuts off the bottom 2/3 of the map screen and it doesn't zoom in to the localities that are listed for the person. Instead I get a close up of the Arctic ocean above greenland. It never fills up the entire page, I only get to see the 1/3 top half of the screen in ocean blue!

Views: 62

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much! I installed IE8 and now the mapping works perfectly!
Hi Brian
I have both IE8 & Firefox, firefox being my preferred choice. I was swapping to IE8 before opening Legacy7 so I could use mapping, but one night I forgot and clicked on the mapping icon whilst still in Firefox and I seemed to be able to move around, zoom in, etc, etc without any problem. Have you actually developed mapping to be able to work with Firefox now?
Great programme Brian, keep up the good work.
cheers from down under
Heather
Auckland, NZ
Well, I'm blowed if I know then... after reading your reply I opened legacy whilst still in my default Mozilla Firefox, opened up my Dad's info and clicked on the Mapping Icon. It opened no problem into the map, and I am currently viewing New Zealand with several pointers which indicate various places where my father lived whilst growing up. The word 'bing' is in the bottom left corner of the map and right down in the lower left just above the 'geo-code' button are the "S" & "E" latitude numbers which change as I click on each of the verified locations. I can zoom in & out no problem and can hold down the LH mouse button to move the map around. I can change from Aerial to Road, 2D to 3D, and when in 3D I can tilt the map & rotate it. Isnt this the same thing that happens whilst in IE?
Await your comment.
I use Firefox as my preferred browser and the mapping works with no bother
I hate I.E. with a passion and never use it except for Win and some other application updates. Otherwise, I exclusively use Firefox. If I had to use I.E. for any program I never would. As to this mapping deal, I can bring up the map fine but none of the other features in the Legacy mapping. If I click on the 3D button then the program tries to bring up I.E. and then the program hangs. I also have my tree on FTM2010 and have no problems with mapping on it using Firefox. I probably won't use the mapping feature much but if I do I'll stick with FTM2010. I do like some of Legacy other features and have no problems. I'll continue to use both Legacy and FTM as each has some features I like the other doesn't have.

I get the road map fine but below is the result I get with the aerial view. No good.

RSS

Members

© 2024   Created by IIGSExecDirector.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service